Tuesday, January 22, 2013

When I think about teaching with technology...

... I think about being frustrated. It unnerves me to think of all of the potential problems there could be when teaching with technology. As an educator, I try to not rely, solely, on technology and to always have a back up plan if things are not cooperating that day. On the other hand, I think that technology is a great way to bring the "here and now" into the classroom and with the incorportation of social media into the curriculum, we can help bridge the gap between the students' lives in the classroom and out of the classroom. I am excited to get to work with a great group of people when it comes to our team tech talks and learn more about flipping the classroom and twitter. I think our class can all learn from these topics and it will be fun to work with the group of people I have been assigned to.

1 comment:

  1. The back-up plan is absolutely key. The primary purpose, of course, is to know what you will do if the technology fails. An added benefit is confidence!

    ReplyDelete